Cinnamon Rolls - Dairy Free
Posted on August 22 2019
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons of sugar of choice
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons non dairy butter (we used Earths Best)
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 tablespoons non dairy butter (again, we used Earths Best)
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
(adjust ratios to desired consistency)
How to Make
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by making your gooey filling. In a small bowl, add your softened non-dairy butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. This will make a crumbly type mix.
- In a large-ish bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in room temp/softened non-dairy butter. If you have the fancy tool for this, use that...if not, a knife or spoon will do!
- Stir in your almond milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out your dough into a nice rectangular shape. We ended up just shy of a 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread your filling all over the dough in an even layer.
- Roll your rectangle into a tight, long roll.
- Use a sharp knife or string to cut into rolls. Start in the middle and work your way out, cutting in the middle each time. This will ensure you get nice even pieces. We ended up with 16 rolls (we cut the uneven ends off).
- Place in a large round pan, with just a little bit of space in between. We used a cast iron skillet, so no greasing of the pan was necessary.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and then check. From there we added about 5 more minutes.
- Make your icing if desired. Combine your confectioners sugar and almond milk and whisk until a creamy consistency.
- After rolls are baked, lightly drizzle with your icing, or eat as is!